Hello! Welcome to Round 2/Round 2014 of merlin_art_fest
This will be an anonymous fest for prompting, non-anon (but moderated) for posting. This fest is for all characters, all pairings and all types of art (traditional, graphics, etc). We welcome gen, het, slash, femme slash, and moresomes of all ratings. All genres are welcome in this fest! Angst, flangst, fluff, hurt/comfort, romance, drama, humour, etc. If you can create it, we want it!
While this fest offers and accepts art of all ratings, we will not accept NC-17 art from anyone under the age of 18. All adult content will be labeled and placed behind an lj-cut. If you are not the legal age to view adult content, please do not follow those links. We are not responsible for any adult content that minors may encounter here.
Once the fest is over, there will be a fest masterlist posted. All artwork is the sole property of the artist who created it. Please do not use it, in whole or in part, without the expressed consent of the artist. (Please don't re-post another person's work on Tumblr!)
Extensions will be judged on an individual basis. Try to give us as much notice as possible; we mods don't love last minute panics, it messes with our pretty schedules! If you need to drop out for any reason, please send us an email letting us know before the deadline for submissions.
Please join/watch merlin_art_fest
in order to follow the fest!
If you have questions, you may ask them here in the comments. Additionally, you may email the mods directly at: merlinartfest at gmail dot comPrompting:
- Prompting will be anonymous
- You may submit as many prompts as you wish.
- Everyone is invited to participate in the prompting process.
- You may leave a prompt without intending to claim one, and vice versa.
- All pairings as well as gen or character-centric prompts are welcome
- Please do no bash or flame other prompts.
- Please use the forms supplied.
- Prompting will close on January 24.
- You may submit either a drabble (word limit 200) or fill out the prompting form:
A drabble or scene (word limit 200)
Drabble may be something never posted before, an existing drabble, or an excerpt from an existing fic. If you are not the author of the drabble/fic, please get permission from the author before submitting it, credit the author appropriately, and include a link to the original work.
Using at least three or more of the following categories:
1. Time-period or theme (Canon Era, Modern AU, High School, College Years, Series Specific, Pirates, etc)
2. Place (Camelot, Battlefield, Castle, Ealdor, London, Garden, Coffee Shop, etc)
3. Emotion (passion, love, anger, anxiety, happiness, etc)
4. Sense (touch, sight, taste, smell, sound)
5. Object (sword, armour, neckerchief, etc)
6. Action (kiss, fight, lick, cuddle, etc)
7. Mood (happiness, anger, darkness, fog/mist, sunlight/moonlight, firelight/candlelight, storm, sunrise/sunset, heat, freezing, etc)
You must include AT LEAST three of these categories in your request, but including more than three will give artists more flexibility and may increase the chances of your request being claimed. Claiming:
- Claiming will open on January 25.
- Artists may claim only one request at a time.
- Each prompt may be claimed by only one artist.
- You may claim your own prompt.
- If you don't see a prompt that you like, you may create art for your own original idea.
- Claiming by proxy is allowed.
- Claimed prompts will be marked appropriately.
- After you have submitted your entry, you are welcome and encouraged to claim another.Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions are due on March 20.
- Please send your JPEG, PNG or GIF files to merlinartfest at gmail dot com.
- ALL art MUST be new and drawn specifically for the fest.
- Please do not post your art anywhere else until this fest is over.
- When you send your submission please include your name in the email subject.
- Please include your header in the body of the email.
- Once we've confirmed receipt, we would love to have you request an additional prompt if you so desire.
- The header appears below.
Thank you so much! Here's to another great round of awesome Merlin art! :D
(Reposting this because the original post was accidentally deleted! Oops!)